FIU MUN recently completed a whirlwind schedule by competing in 3 conferences in just 11 days time. Five FIU team members, along with program director Ray Hernandez participated at the West Point Security Conference (WPSC) in West Point, NY from March 29 through April 1. The 5 delegates would go on to win first place overall, with all five winning individual awards.
After the closing ceremonies were complete, all five members drove to New York City to join their teammates at the National Model United Nations (NMUN) Conference and compete on the same day, which took place from April 1 through April 5. FIU MUN would go on to win the Outstanding Delegation award (1st place overall). Moreover, 16 out of the 21 students would go on to win Best Delegate awards, while 6 would go on to win Best Position Paper awards.
Before the awards ceremony would be completed, 11 FIU delegates flew from New York to Chicago to participate in the Chicago Model United Nations Conference (ChoMUN). Overall 6 out of the 11 students would go on to win awards.
The following delegates competed at all three conferences
- Nicholas Aquart (won awards at all three conferences)
- Edgardo Borelly (won awards at WPSC and NMUN)
- James D'Cruz (won awards at WPSC and NMUN)
- Javier Navas (won awards at all three conferences)
- Ariela Nijamkin (won awards at WPSC and NMUN)
The following delegates competed at NMUN and ChoMUN
- Nassir Aboreden (won an award at ChoMUN)
- Yesenia Alfonso (won awards at NMUN and ChoMUN)
- Michael Fernandez (won awards at NMUN and ChoMUN)
- Nicolas Jimenez (won an award at NMUN)
- Brandon Paquette (won an award at NMUN)
The following delegate competed at only ChoMUN
- Cristine Ale (won 2nd place overall)
For a full recap of FIU MUN's amazing journey please visit the following links: